The practice operates an appointment system only. You will be seen in an emergency as soon as possible. For an urgent consultation within 24 hours. For a routine appointment within 3 working days. We offer ‘one patient, one appointment system’ with a consultation of approximately 10 minutes each. We also offer telephone consultation with Doctor for any advice, if appointment not appropriate. Children under 16 are seen the same day.
Your Responsibilities to us Are:
- To attend punctually for your appointment and to observe the ‘one patient, one appointment rule’ by not asking the Doctor to treat other members of the family at the same time, while you are in surgery.
- Not to request speaking to the Doctor just to arrange an appointment.
- To always cancel early, if you are unable to attend. If you DNA (do not attend) three appointments and three did not attend letters, you will be removed from the practice panel.
- Not to request urgent appointments for routine matters.
- To respect, and appreciate, that there are other patients waiting for their appointments, and therefore you do not take all the doctor’s time.
- To book a double appointment if think you will require more time than the allocated 10 minutes.
- Not to arrive at the desk demanding to be seen for non urgent routine matters.
We would expect patients to be seen within 30 minutes of their appointment time, we will always try and keep patients informed if the surgery run late, so that you can re-book your appointment, if necessary.